Monday, December 10, 2007

Exhausted Days

Once again I worked part time in PC Fair. I was one of the sales girls in Toshiba booth. This time I would like to say that the location of Toshiba booth was not strategic because it was really difficult to get customers. Therefore our sales were not good at all.

I was standing at one of the corner (pretending to be a mannequin?! Haha. ), barely getting any customer to serve. So the first and second day of PC fair, most of the time I was day dreaming. Hahaha. Of course, things happen to have their consequences. I stood there, doing nothing, and at last I myself have to pay for it. I didn't manage to hit the minimum target of each day. (Imagine how you would feel to sell only one unit of laptop per day. Seriously low in spirits right? ) People who couldn't hit target have to sing in front of all Toshiba members. According to the supervisor, it is aimed to entertain those who really work hard to hit target.

Fortunately, I did not get any punishment even though I couldn't reach the target. Same to the other sales man and sales girl, as well as our leaders, majority of us couldn't do it. Just because our leaders themselves didn't have good sales as expected, so they were asked to sing. Others like us got to escape from the punishment. In the end, our leaders have chosen a popular song where everyone knows. Guess what is it? It's our national anthem - Negaraku! Hahaha.

On the third day, our supervisor offered us a special scheme of commission. The previous scheme is we can only get commissions when we hit the minimum target, 10 laptops in 3 days. And now, the new rate - people who want to clear their sales during first and second day can get commissions once they sell 3 laptops on the third day. Meaning to say the total sales in the first 2 days is not included. Instead of the previous one, it is certainly a great offer. But things in this world happen to have both sides, right? In this latest scheme, we need to sell at least 15 laptops ON THE THIRD DAY to double up commissions. While those who do not wish to clear their previous sales can get double commissions once they sell 11 laptops IN 3 DAYS!

I was really confuse, whether to choose the old or new scheme. At last I took the risk to challenge, by choosing the old commission scheme. Perhaps you might think I'm crazy. My total sales in the first 2 days were just 2 units! And if I want to hit target of double commissions, I need to sell 9 more! ! Is it possible? What if I can't make it? I would get nothing for commissions.
It's ZERO!

At last, I did go ahead with the previous commission scheme. It was really amazing! I couldn't explain why I got to sell so many laptops on the last day. Lucky? Or maybe my skills of convincing customers have improved? Hahaha. Undoubtedly, it is the right choice for not clearing my previous sales. I've made the right choice! After all it's worthwhile even though I didn't have my dinner that day in order to fight for target of double commissions.

Although it's really tiring, I would sum up that the day which I was most happy is certainly the last day. I'm exhausted and need to get a rest for my eyes ( pity my eyes to catch those potential customers ), my feet ( pity my feet to stand whole day long ), my mouth ( pity it to repeat the same phrase in the 3 days - Toshiba laptops sir! Toshiba laptops miss! ), and of course my mind! It's stressful to work under this condition where I need to work so hard to hit target! Last but not least, thank you so muchie~ for those who bought Toshiba laptops under my name. Hahaha.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com