Sunday, June 8, 2008

Singapore trip

5th June - 7th June '08 ! my Singapore trip ~
Actually there is nothing special about my trip.
Basically I just went there to relax =.=
Sleep ... Eat ... Watch TV ... Shopping ...
Thats what I've been doing for few days.
I stayed in my uncle's house,
located at a place called Choa Chu Kang.
Funny right ?
At first when mummy told me about this,
I was like ... "Err.. What? Pua Chu Kang?!" =.=
Hahah ~! I've never been to Singapore for so long.
My last visit was ... ... about 10 years ago when I was still a kid !
Oh ya .. I got a few cute names other than that.
Yio Chu Kang .
Err .. Since when Pua Chu Kang get so many surnames?
Pua .. Choa .. and now it's Yio .. =.=
Ang Mo Kio , mummy told me it means tomato in hokkien.
But I feel that it sounds more like Ang Mo ~
White people ... xD

Well ... My first impression on Singapore is ...
"Wow ~! Clean and clear !"
Haha ! It's not the brand of facial wash "clean and clear" ok?
What I mean is the city is so CLEAN.
It's such a well planned city with greenish environment.
Roadsides are all planted with trees and grass ;
well maintained buildings which look quite clean and tidy.
There aren't many cars on the road,
therefore those roads are CLEAR, no traffic jam!
How good it is if there isn't traffic jam in Malaysia?

A pic taken at MRT station.
Can you see how the trees are planted?
So tidy ~!!
-
-
Alright ... after first impression,
it's time to talk about attitude,
compare the difference between Malaysians and Singaporeans.
I should say that ,
environment really bring up different characteristics !
In Malaysia, even if there is zebra crossing,
no car is willing to brake and stop to let pedestrians cross the road.
However, what happen in Singapore is a totally different case.
And this is what we, malaysian drivers should learn and practice.
Anyway, it's so much easier to say than doing it. Haha !
No doubt I'm an impatient driver as most of the malaysian drivers do.
Paiseh ... >.<
-
One more thing is their transportation is really well designed and effective.
I assume most of you did take ride on KTM before.
How long did you wait for a ride?
5 mins? 30 mins? 45 mins? or even an hour?
I myself waited for 45 mins before !
It's such a waste of time =.=
Well .. MRT in Singapore is so much efficient.
No long waiting and it covers almost every place of the whole Singapore.
It's really convenient.
Perhaps it's because Singapore is too small,
and if Malaysia would like to do the same way,
it takes time.
And that's why we need so many cars here for our conveniences.
Let's just count the number of cars in each family.
Almost EACH family member own a car ~!!
(Except for those do not have driving license.)
Meaning to say, there will be minimum 2 cars in average.
One for father and one for mother.
( assuming nowadays most mothers are working ladies. )
Then when their sons and daughters reach 18 in age,
everyone urge to own a driving license ... then a car ...
for what reason? CONVENIENCE !
Now you know why we have terrible traffic jam everyday. haiz ...
-
Ok .. Now it's time to talk about food !
Erm .. Actually there is not much different from malaysian food.
But I get to try McFlurry in Mcd.
( LoL . Mcd's in Malaysia have McFlurry also ! )
Chill .. Haven't finish telling my story ...
McFlurry in Malaysia doesn't have green tea flavor right?
Yo~ Green tea McFlurry, I'm lovin' it ! =P
Then there is a shop named YAMI Yogurt.
The yogurt there is so nice ~!
Got many different flavor with various toppings chosen by yourself.
Most importantly the yogurt is not like what we used to buy in supermarket.
It looks exactly like ice-cream!
For those who love ice-cream so much but afraid of fats,
you can try this. Low fat ~!!
Hahah !
Oh ya I found a shop called PIE KIA near the YAMI Yogurt stall.
PIE KIA? In Hokkien it means bad boy~
The name is damn chun ~!! Haha !
Obviously, PIE KIA ... Sells pies !
There are many types of pie : fruit pie, chicken and mushroom pie ... ...
Choose whatever as you like !!
I tried one fruit pie, not bad ~ =)
-
Hmm... Didn't take much photo in this trip.
Just a few down there for memories. ^^
-
-
Taken at MRT station with my cousins,
small little girl - Celine and the little boy with orange shirt - Kelvin.

They look funny, aren't they? xD

At my uncle's house before leaving.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com