Friday, February 15, 2008

Lonely Valentines

Wuu huu. 14th of Feb - Valentine's Day. Nothing to do with kinda single people like me. Lonely Valentine's? Use to it already. I've never celebrate for this so called "romantic festive" before. I should say that it's not belong to me. Anyway, this year is a bit different because coincidently this Valentine's Day is the 8th day of Chinese New Year when we have to "bai tian gong" (拜天公). So I shoudn't say that I'm lonely today. At least it is better compared to other lonely valentine's day which I don't have anything to do.

Believe it or not it is more busy today. The whole residential area is noisy. It seems ALIVE and it reaches climax when fireworks heat up the environment at 12am! I guess it is a special Valentine's Day, not only for me but for other Hokkien as well which have to "bai tian gong". For the very first time the 8th day of Chinese New Year falls on Valentine's Day. Therefore, perhaps some people might have to sacrifice their candle light dinner. Instead of facing 3 candles on the table, they need to face 3 joss sticks on the censer today. Hahaha.

Well. I'll still like to take this opportunity to wish every couple a happy Valentine's Day. And for those who are still single, don't be sad, you are not alone because there are still lots of people who are single out there, including me. Hahaha.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com